1. The creative potential of the mind is unlimited, having its basis in the unbounded field of pure intelligence, Transcendental Consciousness.
2. The field of Transcendental Consciousness, in the understanding and language provided by quantum physics, is the unified field of all the laws of nature.
3. The unified field of all the laws of nature—Transcendental Conscious-ness—can be directly experienced through the practice of the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs.
4. As the individual repeatedly experiences Transcendental Consciousness, the functioning of the entire nervous system becomes more integrated and efficient, leading to wide ranging improvements—in mental abilities and brain functioning, health, personal and professional life, and achievements in activity.
5. Continued practice of the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs develops higher states of consciousness, in which one en joys a permanent state of fulfillment while spontaneously benefiting oneself and society in the most useful way.
6. Practice of this technology in large groups creates an influence of co-herence and positivity in society as a whole, reducing negative trends and increasing positive trends.
7. In an educational setting, this technology and knowledge for developing the knower, integrated with the known through the different disciplines, makes education truly competent to achieve its highest goals.
(see the following elaboration.)
This is the first 10 pages of the journal article, “Maharishi Technology of the Unified Field: Principles, Practices, and Research.“ This section gives the principles underlying Consciousness-Based Education.
“Consciousness-Based Education“ is also called “Unified Field Based Education,“ since the foundation of this educational approach is the experience and understanding of the unified field of all the laws of nature, the modern scientific term for Transcendental Consciousness, which is experienced through the practice of Transcendental Meditation.
2. Illustrating the Common Basis of Objective and Subjective Approaches to Knowledge: the Unified Field Chart
“In the classroom, knowledge of the lesson is shown connected to the whole knowledge of the discipline and this whole field of knowledge is shown seated in the Self of the student.“
One of the basic principles underlying Consciousness-Based Education is that knowledge gained through the objective approach, and knowledge gained through the subjective approach, have a common basis in the unified field of all the laws of nature, which is directly experienced by the student through Transcendental Meditation as the field of their total potential.
The founder of Consciousness-Based Education, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, designed several wall charts for the classroom that the teachers create for their courses to show the relationship between the knowledge of their discipline and the development of the students’ full potential.
One of these classroom charts is the Unified Field Chart, used from middle school through university level. The left side of the chart “maps” in words and boxes the entire discipline of study, from the most fundamental principles of the discipline at the bottom of the chart, to its applications in society at the top of the chart. The whole discipline is shown as having its basis in the unified field of all the laws of nature, shown in a blue band across the bottom of the chart.
The right side of the chart shows a cone representing the practice of Transcendental Meditation, which converges onto the same blue band of the unified field.
In this way the chart illustrates that the basis of all disciplines of study is directly experienced by the students through Transcendental Meditation as the field of their own pure intelligence, Transcendental Consciousness.
The teacher uses this chart for a half a minute at the end of the lesson briefly to show how the topic of the lesson is connected to the whole discipline and to the source of all disciplines, which the students directly experience through their Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs.
The students are thus visually reminded in every lesson that the ocean of their own consciousness is at the basis of every stream of knowledge.