The International Foundation of Consciousness-Based Education was founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in 2005. Its purpose is to develop Consciousness-Based educational materials for use in every country. These materials include curricula for all levels of school and university; individual courses; faculty development programs for Consciousness-Based universities and schools; professional training programs for different areas of society, including health, agriculture, architecture, and administration; guidelines and manuals for implementing Consciousness-Based educational projects; and short courses for continuing and distance education.
The activities of the International Foundation of Consciousness-Based Education are conducted through three divisions:
- Higher Education;
- Primary and Secondary Education; and
- Distance and Continuing Education.
Division of Higher Education – Current Activities
- This division is developing a new MA program, “Total Knowledge in Society —Applied Programs for achieving the highest goals of 12 areas of national life, while accelerating personal growth to enlightenment. The curriculum, which includes the students’ fieldwork in one of the 12 areas, is based on the timeless wisdom of the full development of consciousness, brought to light in its full value by Maharishi. It will be offered through Consciousness-Based post-secondary institutions.
- Courses for university students, faculty, and administrators in other higher education institutions, to introduce them to Consciousness-Based education in theory and practice
- Collaboration with professionals to develop training programs in their areas, e.g., neuroscience, holistic health, natural law based architecture, specialized areas of education
Division of Primary and Secondary Education
- Courses on the study of consciousness for all school levels
- Professional Development Program for teachers and administrators of Consciousness-Based schools
- Manuals for administration of Consciousness-Based schools
- Follow-up Knowledge programs, taught on-site to newly meditating students, faculty
- Complete package for implementing the Transcendental Meditation program in existing schools, including scientific-research based presentation to the school leader and to parents, brochures and article, all necessary forms, and detailed step-by-step guidelines
- Complete package for starting a Consciousness-Based school, including the steps of implementation, faculty development programs, full curriculum, administration manuals, and publicity materials
- Administration manuals for principals of the Consciousness-Based schools
- Steps of implementation and documents for adding the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs to existing schools
Division of Distance and Continuing Education
- An annual international course: “Training To Bring Consciousness-Based Education Programs to Your Nation”—theory, implementation guidelines, and practical presentation skills
- One-day and weekend courses for women called “Days of Total Knowledge for Enlightenment,” whose central feature is a lecture by Maharishi of special interest to ladies, including a series on cognitions of the lady seers in Unity Consciousness from the Vedic tradition. The Days of Total Knowledge courses have been taught in 32 countries to 3,000 participants
- Distance and Online credit and non-credit courses, offered for full-time and part-time degree programs, and for personal fulfillment
For more information or guidance on projects, contact us: