- Experience and study of consciousness;
- Study of the standard subjects in light of the knowledge of the full development of consciousness;
- Consciousness-Based principles of curriculum and instruction;
- Stress-free routine, healthy building, and harmonious, nourishing environment.
The founder of Consciousness-Based education and the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs is Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who began teaching the Transcendental Meditation program and its advanced techniques 50 years ago to bring fulfillment to individual life through the full development of consciousness.
Maharishi worked with experts in many fields in developing Consciousness-Based programs in education, health, agriculture, architecture, law, defense, and other areas to help achieve, in a practical way, the highest goals of the different sectors of national life, Transcendental Meditation and its advanced techniques 50 years ago, and developed Consciousness-Based programs to enrich all areas of national life-education, health, architecture, agriculture, business and industry, government, defense, and the arts. The Transcendental Meditation program has been learned by 5 million people worldwide with many thousands having learned the advanced TM-Sidhi program with Yogic Flying. See Also
3. The Transcendental Meditation and Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programs – The Basis of Consciousness-Based Education (2 pages)
The basis of Consciousness-Based education is the systematic development of the student’s creative potential through the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. This technology of consciousness is practiced twice daily by all students, as part of the curriculum. The benefits of this technology for mind, body, behavior, and society have been documented by more than 600 scientific research studies.
4. Basic Principles Underlying Consciousness-Based Education (3 articles, 4 charts)
Principles that have been guiding education in the past are being replaced with new principles based on a more complete understanding of the nature, range, and development of human consciousness.
Including the topics of Consciousness-Based education; the Transcendental Meditation program; and the Transcendental Meditation Sidhi program, with Yogic Flying