What is Consciousness-Based Education?
1. Four Basic Components of Consciousness-Based Education (to see as a 1-page document, click here)
This document describes the four basic components of Consciousness-Based education:
(1) Experiences and study of consciousness; (2) Study of the standard subjects in light of the knowledge of consciousness; (3) Consciousness-Based teaching techniques; and (4) Stress-free routine and harmonious, nourishing environment.
2. Founder of Consciousness-Based Education: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (1 page)
The founder of Consciousness-Based Education and the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs is Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who began teaching Transcen- dental Meditation and its advanced techniques 50 years ago.
Maharishi developed Consciousness-Based programs to enrich all areas of national life—education, health, archi- tecture, agriculture, business and industry, government, defense, and the arts.
The Transcendental Meditation program has been learned by 5 million people worldwide, with many thousands learning the advanced TM-Sidhi program with Yogic Flying.
3. The Transcendental Meditation and Transcendental Meditation Sidhi programs —The Basis of Consciousness-Based Education (2 pages)
The basis of Consciousness-Based education is the sys- tematic development of the student’s creative potential through the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. This technology of consciousness is practiced twice daily by all students, as part of the curriculum. The benefits of this technology for mind, body, behavior, and society have been documented by more than 600 scientific research studies
4. Basic Principles Underlying Consciousness-Based Education (3 articles, 4 charts)
5. Consciousness-Based Education Contrasted with Prevailing Education
Principles that have been guiding education in the past are being replaced or expanded with new principles based on a more complete understanding of the nature, range, and development of human consciousness.